DATE POSTED: April 8th, 2022
ONSITE3D, headquartered in Calgary, focuses on providing the most technically capable workflow and fastest possible turn-around time from laser scan-survey to fabricated/installed equipment for the Canadian Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry. ONSITE3D’s mission is to apply world class leading technology into conventional workflows by partnering and training highly skilled labour. Injecting the technology strategically into the industry to complete projects safer, with higher quality, increased efficiency, and more cost effective.
The Junior Designer prepares and maintains detailed design drawings under the guidance of more Senior Personnel. They will work closely with design originators (e.g., engineers, designers) to prepare drawings which require a high degree of precision using computer-aided drafting (CAD). The Junior Designer, modifies detailed two- and three-dimensional drawings from engineers’ and technicians’ sketches via written and verbal instructions, and maintains drafting standards and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Generates construction and fabrication drawings for manufacturing using CADD systems for a variety of large complex commercial and industrial construction projects.
- Develop plot plans, PFDs, PIDs, piping layouts, isometrics, 3D models, line designation tables, and other drawings as needed
- Compiling documentation packages and producing document sets
- Work closely with design team members to ensure design documents are completed according to deadlines
- Collaborate with engineering team in making any necessary alterations to drawings
- Adhere to all quality procedures and processes as set out by the company/client
- Ensure work is performed in a competent, diligent, and prudent manner, in accordance with the highest professional standards of the industry and all applicable laws
- Perform other technical duties to support project delivery
- Drafting documents for other types of disciplines (electrical, structural, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills
- 1 to 5 years of piping design experience in the oil and gas or related industry: Fabrication and or field experience is an asset.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD, including 2D and 3D modeling functions
- Software Experience Required – AutoCAD, AutoCAD Plant 3D, CADWorx, Navisworks
- Working knowledge of CAD support is an asset
- It would be an asset to have experience with 3D scanning, Pointclouds, and software such as ReCap
- Experience working on technical projects and project budgets
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite programs used to create reports and documents
- Valid drivers license required
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Mainly office setting coupled with occasional field work with the ability to work outside in all weather conditions and environments
Compensation and Benefits
- This is a long term contract position