FIELD SAFETY ADVISOR
GRANDE PRAIRIE, ALBERTA
DATE POSTED: April 1st, 2022
ONSITE3D, headquartered in Calgary, focuses on providing the most technically capable workflow and fastest possible turn-around time from laser scan-survey to fabricated/installed equipment for the Canadian Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry. ONSITE3D’s mission is to apply world class leading technology into conventional workflows by partnering and training highly skilled labour. Injecting the technology strategically into the industry to complete projects safer, with higher quality, increased efficiency, and more cost effective.
Onsite3D is hiring a Field Safety Advisor to join a turnaround project in Grande Prairie Alberta. This is a temporary position, supporting the Turnaround scope of work, with the potential for fulltime employment.
Hires are expected to have their own reliable transportation to and from the staging area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead, direct and support the onsite safety activities during the turnaround
- Promote and ensure safety compliance in all areas of responsibility and actively resolve safety issues or concerns.
- Conduct periodic worksite inspections to assess compliance with ONSITE3D’s HSE standards.
- Ensure training and documentation systems are maintained and record all employees training and competency requirements
- Evaluating inspection reports to identify unsatisfactory performance trends
- Support ONSITE3D Supervisors for injury or investigation reports and forwarding copies to ONSITE3D HSE Management Team
- Emergency Response Plan coordination
- Document, maintain and communicate HSE policies and procedures and best practices
- Coordinate Daily Safety Meetings
- Identify and mitigate safety hazards
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health and Safety is an asset
- Excellent attitude to safety with ability to demonstrate and foster first class safety culture.
- Good communication and reading skills.
- Knowledge in OH&S Legislation, safety management systems and operational hazard & Controls.
- H2S Alive; Standard First Aid; Common Safety Orientation
- other site-specific tickets as required
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Filed and office setting with the ability to work outside in all weather conditions and environments
Compensation and Benefits
- $45 – $50/hr
- LOA $150/day