3D LASER SCANNING AND SURVEY DATA PROCESSING TECHNICIAN
DATE POSTED: June 10th, 2021
ONSITE3D — headquartered in Calgary, Alberta — focuses on providing the most technically capable workflow and fastest possible turn-around time from laser scan-survey to fabricated / installed equipment for the Canadian oil and gas, and petrochemical industries.
Our mission is to apply world class leading technology into conventional workflows by partnering and training highly skilled labour. Injecting the technology strategically into the industry to complete projects safer, with higher quality, increased efficiency, and more cost effective.
The 3D Laser Scan and Survey Data Processing Technician will be responsible for processing and registration of 3D terrestrial laser scanning as well as processing and quality control of survey data.
This role will be technically challenging, extremely fast-paced, and rewarding in terms of compensation and personal/career development working alongside other industry leaders in 3D data capture and Virtual Design & Construction (VDC).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Process and Register Laser Scan projects incoming from the laser scanning crews
- Carefully QAQC each group of scans to ensure no issues are present with the scan data
- Manage a large volume of deliverables effectively.
- Export Laser Scan Data to the desired formats for the drafting and modeling teams.
- Regular communication with drafting and modelling teams.
- Review project scope and compare with delivered data. Communicate any coverage issues to the supervisor and field team.
- Process and QAQC incoming survey data from the survey crews.
- Conduct survey calculations as required.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables being issued meet project and corporate standards.
- Visit project sites, field locations and vendor shops as required.
- Use Remote Access tools to support projects that are occurring in Calgary Office as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Geomatics Diploma or Degree preferred.
- 2+ years laser scan registration experience in registration software such as Faro Scene, Leica Cyclone, or Trimble Realworks will be preferred.
- Experience using Trimble GPS and Trimble Business Center an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills are vital for this role.
- Field / construction experience will be considered an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits
OS3D offers a highly competitive salary and incentives package for high performing employees. Benefits available after 90 days.