3D LASER SCANNING TECHNICIAN LEAD
DATE POSTED: September 17th, 2021
ONSITE3D, headquartered in Calgary, focuses on providing the most technically capable workflow and fastest possible turn-around time from laser scan-survey to fabricated/installed equipment for the Canadian Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry. ONSITE3D’s mission is to apply world class leading technology into conventional workflows by partnering and training highly skilled labour. Injecting the technology strategically into the industry to complete projects safer, with higher quality, increased efficiency, and more cost effective.
The 3D Laser Scanning Technician Lead will be responsible for leading a 3D laser scanning crew and performing laser scanning data capture in multiple industry sectors throughout western Canada. This role will be technically challenging, extremely fast-paced, and rewarding in terms of compensation and personal/career development working alongside other industry leaders in 3D data capture and Virtual Design & Construction (VDC).
This position reports directly to the Geomatics Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead two or three-person laser scanning field crew.
- Supervise and mentor the junior scan technician(s) on scanning best practice, theory, general field work knowledge.
- Participate in pre-job meeting/scope review.
- Plan and execute laser scanning scope of work in field with safety and efficiency of the utmost importance. Ensure placement of scanners, targets, labels are done safely and provides the most efficient data capture possible.
- Communicate with client’s site representative
- Communicate with supervisor/manager daily providing project updates such as safety concerns, project completion time, delays, scope deviation.
- Ensure vehicle and laser scanning equipment is in good working order and clean. Arrange and conduct all maintenance, as necessary.
- Ensure that vehicle(s) contains all the necessary laser scanning equipment, tools, and accessories prior to mobilizing to project.
- Identify and communicate to the supervisor/manager any service/business opportunities.
- Lead by example – be professional.
- Participate in and adhere to ONSITE3D safety program.
- Ensure all members of your scan crew are always working safely and wearing the appropriate PPE for the work task.
- Review Job Hazard Analysis and safe work practices prior to commencement of project.
- Lead/participate in Daily Field Level Hazard Assessment and Tailgate meetings and submit documentation to Safety team daily.
- Meet all requirements from HSE Accountability Agreement and Supervision Requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of 3D laser scanning experience.
- Post-secondary engineering technical education preferred i.e., geomatics, structural, petroleum, civil.
- Faro and Riegl 3D laser scanners experience
- Experience in data processing, registration, and point cloud development.
- Possess great interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work out of town on a schedule.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and provide a clean driver’s abstract. No DUI/DWIs.
- Must be able to pass a drug & alcohol test and background check as this is a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to obtain all relevant H2S, First Aid, CSTS and other relevant safety training certificates.
Compensation and Benefits
OS3D offers a highly competitive salary and incentives package for high performing employees. Benefits available after 90 days.