DATE POSTED: May 7th, 2021
ONSITE3D, headquartered in Calgary, focuses on providing the most technically capable workflow and fastest possible turn-around time from laser scan-survey to fabricated/installed equipment for the Canadian Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry. ONSITE3D’s mission is to apply world class leading technology into conventional workflows by partnering and training highly skilled labour. Injecting the technology strategically into the industry to complete projects safer, with higher quality, increased efficiency, and more cost effective.
The Construction Surveyor will conduct a broad range of field surveys including construction, highway, bridge site plan, topographic, volumetric, preliminary planning, design, control and boundary. Responsibilities include accurately recording measurements and other data, preparing field notes, quality control for survey work, and compiling and computing survey data. Depending upon experience, the Construction Surveyor may be called upon to conduct field training, supervise the work of Junior Surveyors, act as Crew Chief, and/or provide crew coordination.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Utilize specialized GPS equipment to determine precise measures of grades and positions on a job site, including the set-up of laser levels and slope lasers
- Accurately measure distances, directions and angles between points and elevations of points, lines and contours on, above and/or below the Earths’ surface
- Accurately record measurements, deviations and other information obtained through survey activities, and organize and store the information for later retrieval
- Read and interpret construction plans and transpose plan information onto the worksite
- Provide on-site troubleshooting of survey layout and machine control data to ensure all data and work performed is accurate and up to date
- Assess construction work and physical placement of materials ensuring adherence to designated lines and grades
- Draw up profiles of sites, roads, details of intersections, culvert installations and property line layouts
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, sub-contractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Other Surveying duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of construction surveying experience is required
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Knowledge of contract specifications, surveying procedures, road construction materials and industry requirements
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times
- Report to work at the designated start time
- Be able to work overtime when required
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperature, both hot and cold
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis
Compensation and Benefits
OS3D offers a highly competitive salary and incentives package for high performing employees. Benefits available after 90 days.