HSE and HR Administrator
DATE POSTED: September 30th, 2021
ONSITE3D is a virtual design and construction (VDC) company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and the only licensed EPC and construction company in Western Canada. Exponential growth during the last five years has seen the company expand to offices in Red Deer, and Grande Prairie.
At ONSITE3D we believe in pioneering the future through technology integration, thought leadership, and an uncompromising standard of excellence. Our mission is to trailblaze a path that will radically transform and enhance the way people work across a variety of sectors.
As the HR and HSE Administrator, your prime responsibilities will be providing support to the HSE Manager, set up onboarding orientation and training for new employees and contractors, and maintain employee records, documentation, and internal safety databases.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor and maintain ISN, ComplyWorks and Avetta systems
- Schedule and coordinate crew training and orientations
- Coordinate and participate in incident investigation reports, root cause analysis of incidents and effective corrective actions.
- Assist with Workers Compensation Claim Management
- Assist in the development of health and safety policies and programs.
- Conduct safety audits including inspection of work sites, facilities, equipment, work practices, safety devices to ensure workplace safety standard compliance, and report in a timely and accurate manner.
- Forming and maintaining employee records
- Updating databases internally, such as sick and maternity leave
- Preparing and amending where necessary HR documents, i.e. employment contracts and recruitment guides
- Reviewing and renewing company policies and legal compliance
- Communicating with external partners
- Reporting regularly on HR metrics, such as company turnover
- Being the first point of contact for employees on any HR related queries
- Assisting with payroll by providing the department with relevant employee information, i.e. holiday and sick days taken
- Helping with various arrangements internally, from travel to processing expenses
Qualifications and Skills
- Preference will be given to those who hold NCSO designation, are familiar with AASP Audit standards and have experience working with ISN, ComplyWorks & Avetta
- Mature attitude and ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to relate to persons at all levels with diverse educational, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to influence and build collaborative relationships
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Proficiency in working with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, etc.)
- Benefits available upon successful completion of a drug and alcohol test