JOURNEYMAN B PRESSURE WELDER
GRANDE PRAIRIE, ALBERTA
DATE POSTED: July 20, 2021
Onsite3D’s mission is to apply world class leading technology into conventional workflows by partnering and training highly skilled labour. Injecting the technology strategically into the industry to complete projects better, faster and more cost effective.
Our state-of-the-art fabrication facilities in Grande Prairie utilizes innovative technology and an experienced crew to provide the absolute best in accuracy and quality. Our Robotic Spool Welder has a faster travel speed than a conventional welder and can be positioned between multiple spools for increased productivity. Our innovative workflow increases efficiency and accuracy at every step over conventional workflows.
As part of our commitment to support Indigenous communities we have a diverse team of people and a workplace built on respect and equality. We strive to create opportunities for the inclusion of Indigenous Peoples on our team and support Indigenous businesses in the regions that we operate.
Onsite3D Ltd. is actively seeking Journeyman B Pressure – BY HAND for local work in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
YOU MUST CURRENTLY HOLD VALID
SMAW – B PRESSURE TICKET
GMAW – B PRESSURE TICKET
Responsibilities and Duties
- Flux-cored welding
- B Pressure, small bore pipe
- Capable of setting up workstation and all associated tools
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment – Working with a spool welding robot (SWR)
- Tack and welding procedures
- Have the ability to inspect welds to maintain quality and reduce rework
- Read and interpret drawings or welding process specifications
- Continuous learner within and beyond their own work area
- Able to stand for long periods of time and be able to do the heavy lifting
- Able to perform basic math problems
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Able to follow all safety procedures and wear all PPE apparel required for the job
- Responsible for maintaining the integrity of programs, fixtures, and tooling
- Ability to operate other equipment in the weld shop, operate hand tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure all products adhere to the production specifications of the customer
- Read a tape measure to take critical measurements
- Maintain safe work practices
- Conduct repairs, modifications or retrofits
- Assist in training & mentoring newer employees
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment i.e. work station, lunch area etc.
- Present a professional image of Onsite3D Ltd., and a personal commitment to the safety and well being of all employees.
- Report any hazards to the Shop Manager or Supervisor immediately so corrective action can be taken.
- Support the Health & Safety Program
- Practice safe and proper use of machinery and tools
Qualifications and Skills
- MUST live within 50KM of Grande Prairie as this is for LOCAL candidates ONLY NO LOA will be provided
- Must be able to pass a post incident D&A test
- Canadian Journeyman or Red Seal certification or equivalent required (ability to achieve Canadian certification is required).
- Must be available for a weld test ASAP
- Minimum 1-5 years experience with welding.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, supporting apprentices as required.
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities.
- Good communication and reading skills.
- Willing to obtain weld qualification tickets for weld procedures as required
- H2S Alive; Standard First Aid; Fall Pro; Common Safety Orientation and or CSTS 2020; AWP
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to routinely lift ~12 kilograms.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and environments.
- Frequent squatting, kneeling, climbing and the ability to walk long distances.
Compensation and Benefits
OS3D offers a highly competitive salary and incentives package for high performing employees. Benefits available after 90 days.