Junior 3D Laser Scanning Technician
DATE POSTED: September 17th, 2021
ONSITE3D, headquartered in Calgary, focuses on providing the most technically capable workflow and fastest possible turn-around time from laser scan-survey to fabricated/installed equipment for the Canadian Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry. ONSITE3D’s mission is to apply world class leading technology into conventional workflows by partnering and training highly skilled labour. Injecting the technology strategically into the industry to complete projects safer, with higher quality, increased efficiency, and more cost effective.
The Junior 3D Laser Scanning Technician will assist the 3D Laser Scanning Technician Lead in performing laser scanning data capture in multiple industry sectors throughout western Canada. This role will be technically challenging, extremely fast-paced, and rewarding in terms of compensation and personal/career development working alongside other industry leaders in 3D data capture and Virtual Design & Construction (VDC).
This position reports directly to the Geomatics Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist Lead Laser Scanning Technician
- Participate in pre-job meeting/scope review.
- Execute scope of work in field according to plan laid out by Lead Laser Scanning Technician.
- Ensure placement of scanners, targets, labels are done safely and provides the most efficient data capture possible.
- Communicate any safety concerns, delays or equipment issues to the Lead Laser Scanning Technician.
- Ensure vehicle and all equipment is in good working order and clean. Arrange and conduct all maintenance as necessary.
- Ensure that vehicle contains all the necessary scan equipment, tools, and accessories prior to mobilizing to project.
- Notify Lead Laser Scanning Technician of any vehicle, scan equipment, tools, or accessory issues that require attention.
- Identify and communicate to the Lead Laser Scanning Technician any service/business opportunities.
- Exemplify professionalism in all interactions on the job.
- Participate in and adhere to ONSITE3D safety program.
- Ensure you’re always working safely and wearing the appropriate PPE for the work task.
- Review Job Hazard Analysis and safe work practices prior to commencement of project.
- Participate in Daily Field Level Hazard Assessment, Tailgate meetings and S.A.F.E. Observation Program as per your HSE Accountability Agreement.
- Participate in all safety meetings.
- Meet all requirements from HSE Accountability Agreement and Supervision Requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- Mechanical or Geomatics Engineering Technology post-secondary education preferred or equivalent experience.
- Possess great interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work out of town on a schedule.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and provide a clean driver’s abstract. No DUI/DWIs.
- Must be able to pass a drug & alcohol test and background check as this is a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to obtain all relevant H2S, First Aid, CSTS and other relevant safety training certificates.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to routinely lift ~12 kilograms.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and environments.
- Frequent squatting, kneeling, climbing and the ability to walk long distances.
Compensation and Benefits
OS3D offers a highly competitive salary and incentives package for high performing employees. Benefits available after 90 days.