Laser Scanning Tech
DATE POSTED: May 7th, 2021
ONSITE3D, headquartered in Calgary, focuses on providing the most technically capable workflow and fastest possible turn-around time from laser scan-survey to fabricated/installed equipment for the Canadian Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry. ONSITE3D’s mission is to apply world class leading technology into conventional workflows by partnering and training highly skilled labour. Injecting the technology strategically into the industry to complete projects safer, with higher quality, increased efficiency, and more cost effective.
The 3D Laser Scanning Technician operates and maintains survey instruments and measuring devices to assist the 3D Laser Scanning Lead in completing different types of survey work assignments. The 3D Laser Scanning Technician also assists with implementing project survey policies, guidelines, and procedures. In this role, an employee will be expected to develop and demonstrate proficiency regarding the essential functions of the job found below.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operates survey equipment (i.e., GPS receivers, Robotic and Conventional Instrumentation).
- Conducts field surveys for clients.
- Learns basic field calculations and procedures.
- Set up and run a laser scanner.
- Must be able to find and establish plant or site control.
- Must be able to adjust and report dimensional control values.
- Select an area to place the scanner in order to gather the best 3D coverage possible.
- Able to understand what a client wants to capture.
- Must be able quickly learn software and to adjust and 3D model point cloud and close-range photogrammetry data sets.
- May have to work in extreme temperatures/environments.
- Preforms assigned survey instrumentation operations activities and is responsible for the collected survey data.
- Downloads survey data.
- Must be knowledgeable with data collection using Trimble equipment and software products.
Qualifications and Skills
- Be able to lift 30-50 lbs.
- Be able to travel if needed.
- Be able to work within a team of 3-6 people.
- Knowledge of basic survey principals.
- Be able to pass background and random drug/alcohol screenings for client requirements.
- Be able to work at heights of up to 250 feet.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Be able to work in all elements outside.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Must take safety seriously.
Compensation and Benefits
OS3D offers a highly competitive salary and incentives package for high performing employees. Benefits available after 90 days.