SURVEY PARTY CHIEF
DATE POSTED: April 30th, 2021
Our state-of-the-art fabrication facilities in Grande Prairie utilizes innovative technology and an experienced crew to provide the absolute best in accuracy and quality. Our Robotic Spool Welder has a faster travel speed than a conventional welder, and can be positioned between multiple spools for increased productivity. Our innovative workflow increases efficiency and accuracy at every step over conventional workflows.
As part of our commitment to support Indigenous communities we have a diverse team of people and a workplace built on respect and equality. We strive to create opportunities for the inclusion of Indigenous Peoples on our team and support Indigenous businesses in the regions that we operate.
Onsite3D Ltd. is actively seeking a Level 1 Quality Control Inspector + Material Shipping & Receiver for local work at our Grande Prairie, Alberta operation.
The Quality Inspector will support the implementation and administration of the Quality Program to ensure services provided comply with the specified requirements. This involves performing dimensional and visual inspection of products, assemblies, and auditing processes/documentation to ensure compliance to requirements. The QC LVL 1 will also be apart of the shipping and receiving of materials coming into the shop.
This position is local to Grande Prairie, AB – NO LOA OR TRAVEL PROVIDED (MUST BE WITHIN 50KM OF Grande Prairie)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensuring Code and Client fabrication, PWHT and NDE requirements are implemented and completed at field sites
- Responsible for documentation review, analysis, and maintenance including various reports, logs, test packages, certificates, NDE, and turnover documentation
- Responsible for visual Inspections of welds, dimensional verification, weld mapping, and updating QC files and drawings with new revisions
- Plan and manage all QA/QC activities for the project.
- Responsible for populating Pressure Test Packages and witnessing the testing
- Responsible for recording and verifying heat numbers from materials being welded
- Support the implementation of NCR required from audit findings, in collaboration with the Quality Manager
- Support the Quality Manager in the development and implementation of the Project Quality Plan
- When required, develop written plans and procedures for project specific activities to supplement task planning
- Create and ensure compliance to ITPs
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 Years Experience in a QC role
- Minimum CWB Level 1 Certification
- Shipping and Receiving Experience
- Preference will be given to quality inspectors with industry experience
- Competent knowledge in ASME Codes and CSA Code
- Proficient with computer programs, including Bluebeam and Microsoft Office
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Jurisdictional Authority of requirements
- Must have Turnover experience.
- Valid Drivers License (Clean Abstract)
- Considered an asset if you hold any of the following tickets; H2S Alive, Standard First Aid, Fall Pro, Common Safety Orientation (CSO) and or CSTS 2020, AWP
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to routinely lift ~12 kilograms.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and environments.
- Frequent squatting, kneeling, climbing and the ability to walk long distances.
Compensation and Benefits
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Clairmont, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Shipping & receiving: 2 years (preferred)
- Quality Control: 2 years (preferred)
- LEVEL 1 CWB Certification (preferred)