SURVEY PARTY CHIEF
DATE POSTED: April 30th, 2021
ONSITE3D, headquartered in Calgary, focuses on providing the most technically capable workflow and fastest possible turn-around time from laser scan-survey to fabricated/installed equipment for the Canadian Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry. ONSITE3D’s mission is to apply world class leading technology into conventional workflows by partnering and training highly skilled labour. Injecting the technology strategically into the industry to complete projects safer, with higher quality, increased efficiency, and more cost effective.
The Survey Party Chief will be responsible for performing assigned field survey duties on laser scanning and construction projects that are predominately in the oil & gas energy sector throughout Alberta. This role will be technically challenging, extremely fast-paced, and rewarding in terms of compensation and personal/career development working alongside industry leaders in 3D data capture and Virtual Design & Construction (VDC).
This position reports directly to the Geomatics Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in pre-job kickoff meetings to review survey scope and logistics to ensure work scope, deliverables, timelines and budget are well understood.
- Communicate with clients professionally, while representing our company, values, and services offered.
- Establish accurate and precise survey control networks for laser scanning projects.
- Conduct the following types of surveys – engineering, structural, civil, as-built, construction.
- Responsible for accurate field data capture using survey instruments, GPS, and other data collection devices.
- Responsible for developing high quality survey field notes and files for use by the design and engineering team.
- Mentor and provide guidance to survey assistant(s).
- Participate and adhere to company and client safety programs.
- Responsible for the safe operation and care of survey vehicle and equipment.
- Ensure proper equipment & supplies are loaded and unloaded to/from survey vehicle daily.
Qualifications and Skills
- Possess a Geomatics diploma plus a minimal of 3 years of survey work experience or a minimum of 5 years of surveying experience, preferably construction surveying in the oil & gas facility environment.
- Experience in the establishment of high-precision survey networks.
- Strong working knowledge of robotic total stations and RTK GPS/GNSS system.
- Experience in operation of 3D Laser Scanning hardware preferred.
- Experience in conducting underground utility locates.
- Possess great interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work out of town on a schedule.
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license and provide a clean driver’s abstract. No DUI/DWIs.
- Must be able to pass a drug & alcohol test and background check as this is a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to obtain all relevant H2S, First Aid, CSTS and other relevant safety training certificates.
- Ability to spot and report other surveying, laser-scanning, maintenance/fabrication sales and service opportunities while in the field.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Ability to routinely lift ~12 kilograms.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and environments.
- Frequent squatting, kneeling, climbing and the ability to walk long distances.
Compensation and Benefits
OS3D offers a highly competitive salary and incentives package for high performing employees. Benefits available after 90 days.